Garcia and Associates (GANDA) is seeking qualified field staff for archaeological surveys and monitoring in various locations. Prior experience monitoring around heavy equipment and conducting cultural surveys is preferred. Must be willing to work independently and feel comfortable directing construction crews in the field.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BA or higher in Anthropology, Archaeology or closely related field.
- The ability to independently identify prehistoric and historic-era cultural resources in the field.
- Two or more years of progressive experience participating in cultural resources field projects in California.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills and clarity in notetaking.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and respond quickly while working in the field.
- Experience working on state and federal lands.
- Experience working alongside Native American monitors in the field.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and hike long distances in rugged conditions.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, iPad etc.) and GIS applications and software. Previous experience using Collector a plus.
- Previous experience preparing Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 forms, monitoring logs, and survey report forms a plus.
About Garcia and Associates
We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and competitive pay. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
Send a letter of interest with employment qualifications and a resume to: email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.