Garcia and Associates (GANDA) is seeking a Principal Investigator and Group Lead to manage a growing cultural resources practice in the SF Bay Area. The individual will lead, direct, and manage a team of highly skilled cultural resources professionals and oversee technical studies and related project permitting for public, private, and state clients. The individual will be responsible for business development, project management, and mentoring staff. The individual could report to our San Rafael, Oakland or Concord offices.
- Senior technical lead/principal investigator for complex, high-profile cultural resources projects.
- Marketing; proposal development; client coordination; regulatory and tribal consultation. Work closely with other GANDA technical staff and managers.
- Direct, mentor and supervise staff in the development and implementation of research designs, work plans, agreement documents, and schedules; fieldwork; and analysis and reporting.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality technical products through internal quality reviews and independent technical reviews.
- Support the company with senior peer technical reviews, project collaboration, and business development.
- Provide enthusiasm about their work and a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence.
- Successful candidates will enjoy and be familiar with working within a fast-paced consulting environment and enjoy helping to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges.
- Ensure and maintain a high professional profile for the company through memberships and participation in professional organizations, and continually increasing client contact base.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MA/MS or higher in archaeology or closely related field (must meet Secretary of the Interior's guidelines in archaeology or architectural history).
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory, management, and team oversight experience, with 7 or more years of experience on cultural resources projects in California
- Registered Professional Archaeologist
- Section 106 and 110 (NHPA) consultation
- CEQA/AB 52 Native American tribal cultural resources consultation
- Experience in successful coordination and report approval with CA and federal agencies
- Ability to be listed on BLM CA-wide permit as a principal investigator
- Experience with a diversity of clients
- Excellent interpersonal communication and management skills
- Experience with CA and federal agency and tribal consultation, and an excellent reputation within the professional and regulatory communities
- The ability to work closely with clients, engineers and other technical specialists as part of a larger combined project team
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, etc.) and GIS applications
- The position requires working in physically challenging outdoor situations in all types of weather and traveling on a regular basis to project sites.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
About Garcia and Associates
We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
Send a letter of interest with employment qualifications and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.