Garcia and Associates (GANDA) is seeking an on-call hourly Field Biologist to assist with biological compliance monitoring and targeted surveys for several ongoing projects. This position will be based out of the Auburn, CA office, but will serve projects throughout northern and central California regions.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct environmental inspections for special status wildlife and plants, nesting bird surveys and biological assessments.
- Communicate with GANDA project managers, construction crews, and other field staff to complete the reporting requirements.
- Use of GPS units and aerial photographs for project navigation and collect field data.
- Taking photographs and detailed notes of site conditions.
- Operating GANDA vehicles.
- Understanding of project environmental requirements and associated laws protecting biological resources.
- Prepare high quality technical reports and environmental documents.
- Frequent field work, often requiring overnight stays.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience in natural resource consulting or restoration is desirable.
- Wildlife and/or botanical targeted surveys.
- The individual should be comfortable working in physically challenging outdoor situations in all types of weather and traveling on a regular basis to project sites which may require overnight stays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check.
About Garcia and Associates
Garcia and Associates is an environmental consulting firm with more than 140 scientists, planners, GIS specialists, and support staff. We assist both public and private clients on a broad range of projects throughout the western United States and the Pacific. From planning, design, and permitting to implementation and compliance, we help move projects forward through the complexities of regulatory compliance, budgetary and schedule constraints, and conflicting stakeholder interests. We have completed projects that range from multi-year, million-dollar planning or impact studies for large facilities to focused field surveys with short deadlines and limited budgets. We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
To apply for this position, send a letter of interest with employment qualifications, three references and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.