Position Title: Environmental Planner
Location: Oakland, CA
Garcia and Associates (GANDA) seeks entry- and mid-level environmental planners to work in multi-disciplinary teams to coordinate technical assessments for projects in Northern CA. This is a salaried position that offers a competitive benefits package, including 401(k), health insurance, and profit sharing.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following job description:
The planner conducts initial screenings on projects for potential resource issues. Frequently they will travel to project sites to meet with construction managers and others to discuss the planned project scope, logistics and construction activities. Work includes tracking incoming assignments, coordinating specialist reports, and packaging projects for on-schedule deliveries.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS/BA Environmental Science, Environmental Policy, Environmental Engineering, water resources, or related degree
- 1+ year of professional work experience
- Strong skills in verbal communication of technical issues
- Strong technical writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of construction terminology and practices
- Ability to drive to project sites and conduct pedestrian field reviews on uneven terrain
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
- 2+ years of professional environmental planning experience
- Knowledge of Bay Area and Central Valley resources
- Proficiency in ArcGIS
- Environmental review processes
- Preparation of permit applications
- Consultation with agencies
- Knowledge of special-status wildlife species
About Garcia and Associates
We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
Send a letter of interest with employment qualifications and a resume to:Plannerresumes@garciaandassociates.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.