Position Title: Environmental Scientist
Location: Oakland, CA
The Oakland office of Garcia and Associates (GANDA) seeks an Environmental Scientist. This is a full-time salaried position that also offers a competitive benefits package, including 401(k), health insurance, cafeteria plan, and profit sharing.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Review projects for air, water and hazardous materials and waste impacts. Identify project impacts and provide written project-specific environmental requirements and Best Management Practices. Employee must have knowledge and understanding of environmental laws and regulations in California.
Requirements and Qualification
- BS/BA Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Policy or related degree relevant to the review requirements
- HAZWOPER certification
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
- Must be able to work long field days in difficult terrain
- Site remediation or engineering to clean hazardous materials releases
- Previous work in California and the San Francisco Bay Area
- Contingency Plans (Hazardous Materials Business Plans and Spill Prevention Counter Control Measures plans)
- Emergency Spill Response Laws and Regulations (Understanding of reporting and response requirements)
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Regulations (CERCLA, RCRA, FIFRA, TSCA, Community Right-to-Know Act, CWA, CAA, DOT, 40 CFR Part 112, California Title 22, etc.)
- Environmental Inspections specific to Hazardous Materials and Waste
- Project Support (Review of groundwater and soil contamination using Geotracker, StormWater Management, Air Permits, etc.)
- Asbestos Certification
About Garcia and Associates
We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
Send a letter of interest with employment qualifications and a resume to:EFSresumes@garciaandassociates.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.