Garcia and Associates (GANDA) is seeking a full-time GIS Specialist to join one of our California offices. The GIS Specialist will provide support for the GIS team.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Generating and analyzing spatial data
- Geodatabase design
- Preparing report maps for fieldwork personnel using ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS
- Uploading, downloading and post-processing Trimble GPS data
- Working with TerraSync software on the Trimble
- Prepare maps for fieldwork personnel using ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS.
- Coordination with interdisciplinary resource staff
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Natural Resources or related field
- 2+ years of experience
- ESRI-based production environment (ArcGIS 10.3)
- Working knowledge of Trimble GPS units, TerraSync and Pathfinder office
- Experience in ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS
- Python scripting and model-building
- Autodesk AutoCAD data integration
- Data management
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartographic design principles and production through use of templates, base maps, data driven pages, styles
- Remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
About Garcia and Associates
Garcia and Associates is an environmental consulting firm with more than 140 scientists, planners, GIS specialists, and support staff. We assist both public and private clients on a broad range of projects throughout the western United States and the Pacific. From planning, design, and permitting to implementation and compliance, we help move projects forward through the complexities of regulatory compliance, budgetary and schedule constraints, and conflicting stakeholder interests. We have completed projects that range from multi-year, million-dollar planning or impact studies for large facilities to focused field surveys with short deadlines and limited budgets. We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
To apply for this position, send a letter of interest with employment qualifications, three references and a resume to: GISresumes@garciaandassociates.com
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.