Employment Type: Part-time
Garcia and Associates is a natural and cultural resources consulting firm specializing in aquatic and terrestrial ecology, cultural resources, and natural resources planning and policy applications. Garcia and Associates is seeking a part-time GIS Specialist to join its San Francisco office. The position will provide support for the GIS team. Responsibilities include generating and analyzing spatial data, geodatabase design, preparing report maps and client data submittal. Other responsibilities include setting up and troubleshooting GPS equipment and preparing maps for fieldwork personnel using ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS. All work will require efficient coordination with interdisciplinary resource staff. Candidates must have experience in:
- ESRI-based production environment (ArcGIS 10.3)
- Trimble GPS units and Pathfinder office
- ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS
- Python scripting and model-building
- Autodesk AutoCAD data integration
- Data management
- Cartographic design principles and production through use of templates, base maps, styles
- Remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation
- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite
Candidates shall have a bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS, Natural Resources or related degree with a majority of coursework in GIS and 2-3 years professional experience. Candidate must be detail-oriented, have good communication skills, be able to multi-task and provide deliverables with quick turnarounds, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
We offer a relaxed environment and compensation that includes competitive pay, sick time, and holiday leave. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to GISresumes@garciaandassociates.com.