San Anselmo, Oakland, San Francisco, or Auburn, CA
The Health and Safety Specialist will provide support for driving safety excellence. This position develops, administers, and implements project-wide occupational safety programs, and serves as coordinator for occupational safety programs within one or more projects. Responsibilities include planning, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating occupational safety programs.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Drive Safety Culture for field and office staff
• Develop and conduct occupational safety training for various workgroups, including evaluation and modification of programs to meet client, local, state, and federal OSHA requirements.
• Coordinate with Project Managers to review risk assessments project specific mitigation plans, safety and health awareness training programs, and technical and regulatory reports in regards to closing corrective actions.
• Investigate incidents, and assist in defining best practices, corrective actions and closure.
• Interface with Project Supervisors and Investigation Team Leads to finalize reports in accordance with the project ES&H procedures and to correct unsafe acts and hazards that have been determined to be causes related to events.
• Assemble and review the analysis of accident and injury data, identifying the needs for new or modified occupational safety programs.
• Advise improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
• Complete Health and Safety reporting to clients and regulatory bodies
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in safety management or related science/engineering disciplines Preferred
• CSP or ASP Certification Preferred
• 3+ years of Health and Safety experience
• Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances governing occupational safety
• Skill in oral and written communication, investigative analysis, oral presentations and training, and conflict resolution
About Garcia and Associates
Garcia and Associates is an environmental consulting firm with more than 140 scientists, planners, GIS specialists, and support staff. We assist both public and private clients on a broad range of projects throughout the western United States and the Pacific. From planning, design, and permitting to implementation and compliance, we help move projects forward through the complexities of regulatory compliance, budgetary and schedule constraints, and conflicting stakeholder interests. We have completed projects that range from multi-year, million-dollar planning or impact studies for large facilities to focused field surveys with short deadlines and limited budgets. We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
To apply for this position, send a letter of interest with employment qualifications, three references and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.