Garcia and Associates (GANDA) is seeking a Senior Archaeologist to oversee technical studies and related project permitting for public and private sector clients. The individual will assist in business development, project management, and mentoring staff. The individual would report to our Lompoc, CA office.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing; proposal development; client coordination; regulatory and Native American consultation; development and implementation of research designs, work plans, agreement documents, and schedules; fieldwork; and analysis and reporting.
- Work closely with other archaeologists, biologists, and planners.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Provide enthusiasm and commitment to client service and technical excellence.
- Successful candidates will be familiar with working within a fast-paced consulting environment and help to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges.
- Candidates specializing in geoarchaeology, architectural history, or human/non-human osteology are encouraged to apply.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MA/MS or higher in Anthropology, Archaeology, or closely related field.
- Meets or exceeds Secretary of the Interior's Guidelines in Archaeology.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience supervising cultural resources projects in California.
- California coastal archaeological experience required.
- Demonstrated experience with Native American consultation.
- Experience in successful coordination and report approval with state and federal agencies.
- Ability to be listed on BLM State-wide permit as a Principal Investigator or Field Director.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Experience with state and federal agency and Native American consultation.
- The ability to work closely with clients, engineers and other technical specialists as part of a larger combined project team.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (GPS, total station, etc.) and GIS applications and software.
- Technical report and proposal writing experience.
- Candidates must occasionally be able and willing to travel and work outdoors in remote locations and for extended periods under all weather conditions, sometimes traversing rugged terrain.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
About Garcia and Associates
We value the diversity of our employees and the creativity they bring to projects from their broad perspectives and experiences. We offer a collaborative work environment and a compensation package that includes competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Garcia and Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GANDA is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following GANDA’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
Send a letter of interest with employment qualifications and a resume to: email@example.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.