Garcia and Associates maintains an in-house graphic design, illustration and cartographic staff that specialize in the visual interpretation of environmental resources. By providing a wide range of design and illustration services, we support the findings of our larger professional staff while also managing graphic and interpretive design-specific projects for federal, state, and private clients.
GANDA provides a wide range of custom design, illustration and mapping services.
GANDA Graphic designers and illustrators provide:
- Natural Science Illustration
- Architectural HABS/HAER
- Measured Drawings
- Photo Simulations
- 3D Modeling/SketchUp
- Cultural Resource Documentation / Site Sketch Maps
- Natural and Cultural Resources Interpretive Design
- Educational/Training Materials
- Resource Compliance Materials
- Section 106 Mitigation Materials
GANDA specializes in using Geographic Information Systems during all phases of project development.
We have full-featured GIS labs in California, Hawaii and Montana, and expertise with the entire suite of ESRI ArcGIS 10.x software, including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst extensions. These tools are well-suited for data collection, integration and performing spatial analyses on a large variety of data possibilities. Given the unique ability to overlay, query and georeference data in a variety of digital formats, the analytical power of GIS is essential for a complete assessment of environmental and cultural resource issues.
Our GIS staff has extensive experience with:
- ESRI-based production environment (ArcGIS 10.3)
- Trimble GPS units and Pathfinder Office
- ArcGIS Online and Collector for ArcGIS
- Python scripting and model-building
- Autodesk AutoCAD data integration
- Data management
- Cartographic design principles and production through use of templates, base maps, styles
- Remote sensing/aerial photo interpretation